Pages

Wednesday 21 October 2020

The Best Day of My Life - Frances

                         The Best Day of My Life


Early in the morning one Sunday, I got up eagerly to prepare myself for church with my uncle, auntie and baby cousin.


When we got there we prayed and sang during the mass and listened to Father Andrew’s homily. After church my uncle and aunt surprised me by saying, “Let’s go for a picnic at Cornwall Park!” I felt so happy and excited!


We drove there in a smart car and it was only a short drive. When we got there we saw groups of people taking pictures at the very pretty cherry blossom trees. There were about fifty cherry blossom trees that had the most beautiful little white and pink flowers. Lots and lots of petals fell and covered the ground like a blanket of snow. We were all beaming with happiness as we also took photos under the cherry blossom trees.


Then we saw sheep and cute baby lambs. They were all white and they seemed so happy and content eating the long green grass. Later, my baby cousin walked towards a fluffy dog. Its name was Chip and he was very friendly. My cousin played with the dog and the owners were so friendly.


Eventually we decided to eat our lunch. We set up under a large tree and together we ate juicy roast chicken, freshly baked blueberry muffins, delicious and crunchy salty nuts and sparkling water. Thinking about it right now, I would love to go back there again soon because it truly was the best day of my life.


1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful story and I like it how Frances made her paragraph.. It has all the punctuation marks. Maybe next time she can add photos so it will be more fun to read. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.